Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Challenge Week: Day Three

I posted "What Does the Challenge Prove?" today at the Wisconsin Faith Voices for Justice Food Stamp Challenge participant blog. Please click on the link to check it out!

----

Here are the details on Day 3 (yesterday):


  • My morning snack: carrots with peanut butter.
  • Afternoon snack: banana bread that I brought to the meeting, and some for the kids at home too. (In the end, I "cheated" and used 3/4 tsp of my existing baking soda rather than risk an inedible result.)
  • Dinner: Mac and cheese with added beans, chicken, and green beans; carrot sticks; grapefruit.

Lunches prepared for Day 4:

  • Adults: mix of chickpeas, rice, and frozen broccoli, with a bit of pasta sauce on it; carrots; for Eric, walnuts and raisins. Eric's snack: a hard-boiled egg. 
  • Kids: leftover mac and cheese (without the chicken for one kid), frozen corn, apple slices.

Eric recently had a work dinner scheduled for today that he has to attend, and it would be inappropriate for him not to eat there, so I am thinking of extending the challenge through Day 8 lunch to make up for it. 

I am also realizing that although we will definitely have enough food for the week, I misjudged a few quantities. I did not buy enough cereal and may be a bit low on fruit by the end of the week, and I have more canned tomatoes and pasta than we need. I will return some of the extra pasta and tomatoes to Target to pick up another box of cereal and maybe some more fruit, if I can afford it (maybe frozen fruit?). I was hoping to avoid this extra trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment